The License Manager Is Not Functioning Or Is Improperly Installed. Revit Will Shot Down Now
The License manager is not functioning or is improperly installed.
The License manager is not functioning or is improperly installed Issue:
When trying to start any product in the AutoCAD family of products (i.e., AutoCAD, AutoCAD LT, AutoCAD MEP, etc.), releases 2017, 2018, or 2019, the following license error is displayed stated that ” The License manager is not functioning”:
The License manager is not functioning Solution:
Follow the below steps to solve Autodesk License manager error:
- Disable any antivirus and/or firewall.
- Navigate to to C:Program Files (x86)Common FilesAutodesk SharedAdskLicensing. If the folder does not exist, skip to step 7 below.
- Run uninstall.exe as admin (right-click > Run as administrator).
- Go to C:ProgramDataAutodeskAdskLicensingService and remove the files located in there.
- Go to the Autodesk 2020 product install folder and open x86AdskLicensing (e.g., for AutoCAD LT 2020 it would be C:AutodeskAutoCAD_LT_2020_English_win_64bit_dlmx86AdskLicensing).
- Run AdskLicensing-installer.exe as admin (right-click > run as administrator). Wait for the install to complete.
- Install the latest updates for Autodesk Licensing Service, ether from Autodesk Desktop App or from Product Updates section of the Autodesk account portal.
- Click the Start menu and type CMD.
- Right-click on Command Prompt and choose Run as administrator.
- In the Command Prompt, run the below command followed by ENTER:
cd C:Program Files (x86)Common FilesAutodesk SharedAdskLicensingCurrenthelper
AdskLicensingInstHelper register -pk 057L1 -pv 2020.0.0.F -cf C:AutodeskAutoCAD_LT_2020_English_win_64bit_dlmSetupAutoCADLTConfig.Pit -el US
Note: The example above takes ‘AutoCAD LT 2020 – English US’ as an example. Depending on the specific product, the –prod_key, –config_file and –eula values may vary. Refer to Autodesk Licensing Installer Helper tool guide for more information.
Run the software install again.