What is NexusDB?
The NexusDB database engine for Delphi is our award winning flagship product. NexusDB is a royalty-free database system, with features that rival other heavily licensed products. NexusDB introduces unique new features for Delphi developers while further improving on its core strengths stability, performance and flexibility.
NexusDB is an ultra-fast, client/server database engine designed for the Delphi and C++Builder developer. NexusDB is nimble enough to be fully embedded into your desktop applications and powerful enough to be your primary database server.
NexusDB implements the international standard ISO/IEC 9075 – SQL:2003, including most of the Core SQL functionality as well as many of the additional features defined in the standard. In addition, NexusDB augments SQL:2003 with extensions to expose vendor-specific functionality.
It has been designed to maximize speed, minimize maintenance and preserve data integrity. As a true client/server database, NexusDB is a unique component suite. This design decision has many benefits over typical file-based databases: better data integrity, better performance and better scalability. NexusDB has been fundamentally designed with a Client/Server architecture. It has three distinct layers: client, server and remoting. Each layer has specific responsibilities within this architecture. The Client layer provides high level data access capabilities. The Server layer stores and retrieves data and the Remoting layer connects the Client layer with the Server layer.
Intuitive Developer Tools
- Enterprise Manager – full-featured tool to create and maintain databases, tables and SQL queries, all within an integrated workspace
- Database Importers – import tables from other databases (FlashFiler, BDE, ADO) into NexusDB tables. Full source included that easily adapts to other databases
- Source converter assistant – helps convert FlashFiler source code into NexusDB compliant source
- Standard SQL:2003 – statements supported
- Triggers, Stored Procedures and Functions – fully implemented.
- SQL/PSM Procedure Language – for server side programming.
- Transaction Management and Referential Integrity – for professional data handling.
- Fulltext Index Support – for fast data lookups.
- ODBC Driver – access your data through industry standard ODBC
- dbExpress Driver – use Borland’s © components to query NexusDB
Flexibility of Deployment
- Embedded – use NexusDB in your desktop applications; no dlls, COM objects or external dependencies
- Client/Server Stand Alone – run as a networked server for your enterprise
- Client/Server Windows Service – registered service with integrated event logging
- Multi-Threaded Engine – utilizes Symmetric Multi-Processor systems to the fullest extent
- New Memory Manager – maximizes allocation speed and minimizes fragmentation
- Interchangeable data transports – optimized for deployment topology
- Memory Tables – for the fastest possible data access
- More Robust – server insulates physical data files from clients to prevent corruption
- Increased Performance – server optimizes overall throughput
- Better Scalability – can handle more simultaneous clients than file-based databases
Stability with Transaction Support
- Snapshot Transactions – Unique to NexusDB, these transactions ensure that writers do not block readers
- Fail-Safe Transactions – preserves the consistency of your data under the harshest of conditions with a complete two phase commit implementation
- Nested Transactions – enables greater flexibility, clarity and encapsulation when using transactions
- User connections – capable of hundreds of concurrent connections
- Massive Data capacity – only limited by your OS and disk space; supports gigabytes of data comfortably
- Record capacity – store millions of records effortlessly
- Plugins – add new features to the core engine
- Monitors/Extenders – intercept server events with Monitors and participate in their execution with Extenders
- Sub-Engine registration – A NexusDB exclusive: customize storage, key comparisons, index structure, and many other aspects
Ease of use
- TnxTable/TnxQuery support – Native and familiar Delphi interfaces to access your data
- Data-aware control compatibility – supports TDataset
- Report Writer compatibility – use RAVE, Report Builder, FastReport and others
Low Total Cost of Ownership
- Online Backup – operates seamlessly in a 24/7 environment
- Powerful Administration Tools – easy to use GUI management utilities included
- Maintanence free – reuses buffers and automatically balances indexes
- Royalty-free licensing – purchase NexusDB and use it without deployment or per user fees.
- Real-Time Communication System – provide an advanced messaging system over any network
- Multiple Protocols Supported – TCP/IP and Named Pipes implementations make choosing the right protocol easy
- Login Security/Rights – server based rights makes sure your data is secure
- Encryption – advanced interchangeable encryption algorithms keep your data safe on the server and over your network
Installation/Activation Instruction is Included in the folder!